Special Friends: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpWNeLhHgSM

I’m Anneke van Heyningen, I’m 18 and for the past seven years of my life, I have lived with an invisible illness. An invisible disability is a chronic illness or condition that significantly impairs normal activities of daily living. 96% of people with these conditions show no outward signs of their illness, therefore, they are named invisible illnesses whilst the other 4% experience symptoms that are disabling.

Whilst my illness is still unnamed and POTs Syndrome is not greatly accurate, it is what we patients are told we live with and it’s the name I’m going to use to make life easier.

This blog is a place where I can share my story, my journey to recovery and my lifestyle changes. I would like to promote awareness of my illness, connect with other people and inspire everyone to live a healthy life style.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s